Who Are We?
Supporting Families Together Association is Wisconsin’s statewide member association for organizations and individuals committed to making every early childhood a great one. Our core membership consists of Wisconsin’s Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) and Family Resource Centers (FRCs). Our individual membership is made up of other like-minded individuals.
What Do We Do?
As a statewide organization, we positively impact the world of early childhood by ensuring that effective programming is available statewide, resources are strategically leveraged and maximized, and meaningful connections, relationships and systems are built. We do this by providing services and supports, including:
- Program management
- Quality assurance and improvement
- Organizational development
- Professional development
- Systems building
- Professional networking
Mission: We cultivate a system of organizations and professionals across Wisconsin to promote quality, strengths-based, early childhood services in all communities.
Vision: In every Wisconsin community, all children have the opportunity to reach their highest potential and all adults embrace their role and responsibility to children.
Purpose: Our purpose is to optimize the developmental window of opportunity that early childhood presents for building a strong foundation for life.
- Quality Early Care and Education: SFTA is committed to working with our community-based organizations to advocate, educate and build Wisconsin’s capacity to deliver high quality early care and education experiences to all of Wisconsin’s children.
- Healthy Children: SFTA is actively engaged in a broad range of prevention and health promotion efforts that are designed to create better health outcomes for all of Wisconsin’s children.
- Strong Families: SFTA provides concrete support to families in a strength-based and evidence-informed way.
- Responsive Systems: SFTA builds systems and supports to early childhood that result in opportunities for all children to reach their highest potential.
Learn More & Share:
Share and print the SFTA brochure in English and in Spanish! If you are an SFTA Core Member contact firstname.lastname@example.org for printed copies.
Spanish (en español)
SFTA is funded by both public and private entities to administer and implement a variety of early childhood focused programs and services. Our primary funder is the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
Public dollars, allocated through the Child Care Development Block Grant (CCDBG), make up a significant portion of SFTA’s funding. These dollars ultimately come from taxpayers like you. We are committed to the responsible use of public dollars and we believe that the return on investment linked to early childhood initiatives presents the opportunity to maximize the impact of public funds.
Contributions from individuals and organizations support SFTA’s ability to sustain its work on behalf of Wisconsin’s young children, their families and their early educators. Learn more and make an investment in Wisconsin’s youngest children.
Our Commitment to Transparency and Accountability
As a nonprofit organization that utilizes both public and private resources, we are committed to transparency and accountability in our programming and our operations. GuideStar is a nonprofit organization with a mission of revolutionizing philanthropy by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions and encourages charitable giving. SFTA is proud to have earned GuideStar Exchange’s Platinum Standard through increased transparency and accountability.