Supporting Families Together Association
700 Rayovac Drive, Suite 6
Madison, WI 53711
Purpose: Our purpose is to optimize the developmental window of opportunity that early childhood presents for building a strong foundation for life.
Mission: We cultivate a system of organizations and professionals across Wisconsin to promote quality, strengths-based, early childhood services in all communities.
Vision: In every Wisconsin community, all children have the opportunity to reach their highest potential and all adults embrace their role and responsibility to children
Values: Our strong and responsive relationships are vital. Our work mirrors our passion. Curiosity inspires our innovation and growth. We believe true wisdom means lifelong learning.
100% FTE – Under the general supervision of the SFTA Micro-Grant Manager, the Micro-Grant Specialist is responsible for YoungStar Micro-grant process execution. The Micro-Grant Specialist will be the key person in providing direct micro-grant services by executing purchases and reimbursements and responding positively to customer service requests from YoungStar providers and staff. The Micro-Grant Specialist will work with other SFTA staff, YoungStar staff, and funders to advance YoungStar.
- Required: Associates Degree (or comparable experience) with core knowledge in purchasing, finance and accounting, business administration and quality improvement indicators and processes.
- Experience in vendor relations and purchasing processes.
- Skill in working with multi-disciplinary/multi-system teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the agency and with other agencies and community groups.
- High level of problem solving skills.
- Highly flexible and able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with accounting/purchasing software, preferably SAGE applications such as Intacct.
- Experience in compiling and analyzing data a plus.
- Possession of a Wisconsin Driver’s License and the ability to travel and stay overnight.
- Purchasing: Execute purchasing processes as established by micro-grant internal protocols. Troubleshoot exception handling as the need arises.
- Expense reimbursement: Execute expense reimbursements to YoungStar providers for micro-grant expenses in communication with the Financial Specialist.
- Customer Service: Act as a liaison with vendors, YoungStar staff, and providers to increase positive customer experiences related to micro-grants. Monitor email and phone line. Follow up with providers to update process status and evaluate products received.
- Inventory Management: Monitor shipments, including accuracy, timeliness and returns.
- Internal Control: Regularly audit purchasing and reimbursement documentation against micro-grant policy to ensure purchases are consistent with the legitimate purposes that drive quality improvement, including provider and vendor documentation. Enter provider invoices into Intacct system. Monitor expirations and service windows to ensure timely, consistent service delivery.
- Data Entry: Maintain provider Intacct and CMS files to ensure updated notes are kept for smooth flow of services.
- Continuous Improvement: Monitor key data to understand trends and support efforts to implement changes and best practices. Regularly work with YoungStar staff on micro-grant policy and practice as needed.
- Actively participate in monthly staff meetings.
- Support agency mission, vision, strategic aims and action teams.
- Contribute to SFTA publications, resources and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Depending on experience, annual salary ranges at $32,000-$42,000 (1.0 FTE)
- Generous time off policy
- Benefits available
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Gabi Quinn at email@example.com
SFTA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.