SFTA is hiring!
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Environment Rating Scales Observer
Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA) is a responsive and nimble organization that serves Wisconsin’s youngest children and their families. SFTA has a strong track record of innovation and growth, as is evidenced by its consistent expansion of programming and many collaborations with local, community-based organizations. SFTA’s Bilingual (English/Spanish) Environment Rating Scales Observer is in a position to positively impact the state of childcare in Wisconsin. This person will observe the strengths, priorities, and gaps of childcare providers across the state and support them as they strive toward developing better environments for the children in their care. The position is relationship-based in nature and provides a firsthand look at the dedication, passion, and energy inspired by the industry. This role is part of the YoungStar program that works to improve the quality of childcare across Wisconsin and inform families about their childcare options. SFTA is a forward-momentum organization, and the person in this position has a great opportunity to create change by drawing upon, analyzing, and explaining the Environment Rating Scale tools to support the continuous quality improvement of early childhood programs.
Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA) es una organización receptiva y ágil que sirve a los niños más pequeños de Wisconsin y sus familias. SFTA tiene un sólido historial de innovación y crecimiento, como lo demuestra por medio de la consistente expansión de sus programas, así como de las numerosas colaboraciones con organizaciones locales basadas en la comunidad. El Observador Bilingüe (inglés y español) de Las Escalas de Calificación del Ambiente de SFTA, está en posición de impactar positivamente el estado del cuidado infantil en Wisconsin. Esta persona observará las fortalezas, prioridades y carencias de los proveedores de cuidado infantil en todo el estado y los apoyará a medida que se esfuerzan por desarrollar mejores entornos para los niños a su cargo. La naturaleza de esta posición se basa en la relación y proporciona una mirada de primera mano a la dedicación, la pasión y la energía inspiradas en la industria. Este rol es parte del programa YoungStar que trabaja para mejorar la calidad del cuidado infantil en todo Wisconsin e informar a las familias sobre sus opciones de cuidado infantil. SFTA es una organización de impulso hacia adelante, y la persona en esta posición tiene una gran oportunidad de crear cambios aprovechando, analizando y explicando las herramientas de la Escala de Calificación del Ambiente para apoyar la mejora continua de la calidad de los programas de la primera infancia.
Read the full position description (English) (Spanish)
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
SFTA looks for certain attributes and experiences in candidates for employment, so if you’re interested in employment, here are a few things to consider:
- People are the cornerstone of our work. Interpersonal skills demonstrated through effective decision-making, discretion and good judgment are a must
- Effective partnerships are essential to our success. This requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- SFTA values linguistic diversity and aim to serve every individual in their preferred language. Bilingual capacities are a major plus
- We are highly productive. This means we all have to know when and how to collaborate effectively and work independently
- Our work evolves. This means that our team members manage and prioritize competing demands and shifting timelines and priorities
- We are a nonprofit. An understanding of how nonprofits operate and thrive supports our mission and vision
- We are here for Wisconsin’s youngest children. Staff hands-on experience matched with education, training and knowledge related to the earliest years maximize our impact
Apply to be a Board Member
The Board of Directors is the organization’s governing body. It is entrusted with the authority to establish policy for the governance of Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA). Its members are trustees who act on behalf of SFTA and have the principle responsibility for setting and fulfilling the mission. The board forms the strategic plan to accomplish the mission and oversees and evaluates the plan. The board hires the executive directors, provides support and supervision to the directors, is responsible for the financial solvency and sustainability of the organization by providing proper financial oversight and ensuring adequate resources; and establishes and oversees the organization’s policies and procedures for human resource management.
Board members serve three year terms. The make-up of the board as determined by the organizational by-laws, must include a representative elected by the Child Care Resource & Referral agencies (CCR&Rs) and the Family Resource Centers (FRCs); and should include such consideration as geographical region, community and public and private business leaders, early care and education professionals, and the diverse communities served by the organization.
Each board member must:
- Be committed to SFTA’s mission, vision, and purpose
- Be a current member of Supporting Families Together, on the staff of a current organizational member organization, or be the elected representative of a CCR&R or FRC
- Approach board service to SFTA in a way that serves the organization as a whole, rather than any segment of the constituency
- Have no financial or personal interest, direct or indirect, that may pose a conflict of interest or may be otherwise incompatible with proper discharge of fiduciary duties as a Board member
Each board member is expected to:
- Review agenda and materials prior to meetings
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Attend one day and a half long retreat/planning meeting each year
- Actively participate on one board committee via teleconference bi-monthly
- Participate in new board orientation at the start of the term on the board
- Make a financial commitment to SFTA at a level comfortable to the individual member
- Keep up to date on developments that may affect the organization
- Inform others about the work of SFTA
- Suggest potential nominees to the board
Think you are interested in becoming a board member? Take a look at the detailed job descriptions for an SFTA Board Member at Large and an SFTA Board Core Member Representative (only available to SFTA Core Members). Then take our SFTA Prospective Board Member Interest Survey and drop it off at the SFTA offices, or send it via, e-mail, fax or mail:
Supporting Families Together Association
Attn: Jody Bartnick, Board President
700 Rayovac Drive, Suite 6
Madison, WI 53711
Volunteer with SFTA
If you want to get involved in Supporting Families Together Association’s efforts, volunteering is a great way to get started! Check out our Volunteer Page.