Family Resource Center of Quality Accreditation
What is Accreditation?
As Family Resource Centers begin to focus on best practices and high-quality support and services, Supporting Families Together Association has designed a Family Resource Center of Quality Accreditation process to distinguish quality Family Resource Centers. These benchmarks of quality provide a road map for Family Resource Centers to build upon to ensure quality practices are in place to achieve the most optimal outcomes for Wisconsin’s children and families.
Key Components of the Family Resource Center of Quality Accreditation:
- Utilize and Implement Family Resource Center Best Practices
- Meet Family Resource Center Professional Development Minimum Expectations
- Have dedicated staff to integrate Protective Factors, Parent Leadership, National Standards, Core Competencies, and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Strategies.
- Complete Awareness to Action Policies and Procedures
- Offer services within all 5 Core Family Resource Center Areas
- Offer a variety of Universal Primary Prevention Programs
- Implement an Evaluation Process
- Participate as an active member in Supporting Families Together Association’s Family Resource Center Network
Why It Matters?
Family Resource Centers that earn Accreditation become aligned with best practices in the field of family support, which gives the agency a competitive edge and a positive perception from families and community members.
BENEFITS OF ACCREDITATION:
- State Recognition of Family Resource Center of Quality accreditation on Supporting Families Together Association’s website and the Prevention Board’s Interactive Map of family support agencies
- Competitive edge for funding opportunities
- Best practices are in place with intentionality towards sustaining those practices so effective, high-quality prevention services are provided to families.
- Enhanced accountability through strengthened continuous quality improvement across the agency and staff.
- Positive perception from families and communities knowing the Family Resource Center offers high-quality services.
- Expand organizational capacity and staff competence and confidence.
- Family Resource Center aligns with uniform infrastructure and standards adopted and implemented by Family Resource Centers across Wisconsin.
- Utilize the National Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support to enhance quality through action plan implementation.
- Intentional integration of parent leadership/voice and protective factors.