Advocacy Focus Statement
SFTA & United Way of Wisconsin Advocacy Day
During the month of April, SFTA and the United Way of Wisconsin collaboratively organize and host our annual Advocacy Day at the Capital in Madison. This is an opportunity for staff from SFTA Member agencies (CCR&Rs and FRCS) and local United Way agencies to gather together and meet with state legislators to communicate the importance of supporting the early childhood and family support field. Attendees meet one on one with their local legislative office to share the impact their agency and services have on families in their community.
Advocacy Day 2023
Advocacy Day 2023 Video
Share your Stories!
- SFTA Advocacy Toolkits
- Advocacy in Wisconsin
- Advocacy 101
- Advocacy Organizations & Resources
- Voting Resources
- Early Childhood Advocacy Toolkit
- This toolkit is designed to prepare ordinary people to successfully advocate for public policies that benefit young children and their families.
- Find your U.S. Congress Members
- Enter your address to find your senators and representatives in the United State Congress.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Find your representatives, view current issues on the floor, find committee schedules, and more.
- Lobbying in Wisconsin
- Overview and best practices of Wisconsin’s lobbying rules and restrictions.
- How Bills Become Laws in Wisconsin (PDF)
- Understand Wisconsin’s legislative process and how you as a private citizen can participate in the process of shaping laws.
- Governor Evers Webpage
- Wisconsin’s Children’s Caucus
- WI Joint Committee on Finance Page
- The Wheeler Report
- DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING THE ADVOCACY PLAN
- Family Planning Advocacy Toolkit
- 13 Advocacy Strategies for Running a Successful Campaign
- Advocacy 101
- Child Care Aware Equity Toolkit (PDF)
- Storytelling Strategies
- 2023-2025 SFTA State Budgetary Advocacy Guidebook (PDF)
- Wisconsin Budget Process
- An overview of Wisconsin’s budget process and how you can participate.